Your Hospice Del Sol medical professional team will consist of various physicians and nurses that work in coordination to provide the optimal, individualized plan of care for each patient
Our Medical Directors:
Dr. Lindsay T. Hansen, MD received an undergraduate degree in B.S., Biomedical Sciences from the University of California, Riverside. Dr. Hansen received his medical degree from the UCLA School of Medicine.
Licensed in both California and Nevada, Dr. Hansen is certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine. Currently, Dr. Hansen is the Chairman for the Department of Medicine at the Summerlin Hospital Medical Center and serves as one of the board members for the Nevada Board of Examiners for Long Term Care Administrators. At present, Dr. Hansen is the Medical Director for several Skilled Nursing Facilities in the Las Vegas community.
Dr. Hansen’s vast experience in Geriatric Internal Medicine gave him the necessary background to establish and perform the duties of a Medical Director for some of the first and well-respected Hospice organizations in Nevada – and now serves as a Medical Director for Hospice Del Sol since its inception in 2007.
Honors and Awards:
- Voted as one of the Top Physicians in Las Vegas Life Magazine year 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006, and 2011
- Consumers’ Checkbook Top Doctor, Vegas Seven, 2012
- Patients’ Choice Award, 2010 Hansen.
- American Medical Directors Association
- Western Medical Directors Association
- American College of Physicians
- Clark County Medical Society
- Nevada Medical Association
- American Medical Association American Academy of Private Physicians (AAPP)
Dr. Donielle Freedman
Dr. Freedman, diplomat of the American Board of Internal Medicine, has been practicing medicine for over 20 years. She has owned her own private practice, been medical director of Nevada Care, Inc., and medical director of UMC Primary Care/Quick Cares in Southern Nevada.
A native Nevadan, she earned her Doctor of Medicine at the University of Nevada School of Medicine after graduating from the University of Nevada, Reno with a major in pre-medicine and minor in chemistry.
Currently she is involved in palliative care, transitional care, and homecare assessment of patients. She works with home health care agencies, skilled nursing facilities and acute care facilities to transition patients to a better quality of life.
Dr. Donielle Freedman is honored to serve as Associate Medical Director of Hospice Del Sol, bringing to the position a record of exceptional leadership and strategic vision with a vast knowledge of the healthcare industry. She believes in the hospice philosophy and has a passion for the organization’s goals.
- In addition to our excellent medical directors, Hospice Del Sol’s medical professional team consists of physician consultants, nurse practitioners, and registered nurses with varying focus’ and subspecialties that surround end-of-life care.